Police Travel Insurance
Travel insurance you can trust.
Even the most carefully planned travel can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, some events are simply beyond your control. With Police Travel Insurance cover, help is just a phone call away when members need it. That way you can get on with enjoying your trip, or at least have a safe return home.
It is important to give you the choice and flexibility in cover that best suits your needs. We offer Police Welfare Fund members three policies – Essentials, Comprehensive and Frequent Flyer.
All of these policies offer members:
- Allianz Global Assistance, a worldwide network of emergency medical resources available 24/7
- Medical and repatriation expenses
- Replacement cover on baggage items less than 2 years old
- Missed connections/travel delays
- Loss of deposits/cancellation
- Free cover for dependent children less than 21 years
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Recreational sports covered free of charge: leisure skiing and snowboarding, scuba diving (with PADI or NAUI qualification), hot air ballooning, parasailing and paragliding, bungee jumping and white water rafting in grade four or less rivers
Get a quote or buy a policy
For a quote or to buy a policy, please click on the link below:
Buy Now – Police Health Plan Members only (members with Police Health Plan cover receive a discount on Police Travel Insurance)
|Buy Now – Non Police Health Plan Members (must be a member of Police Welfare Fund)|
Payment is by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
Pre-existing medical conditions
Pre-existing medical conditions can be fully assessed online. Please follow the online prompts when you are purchasing the policy. For any queries, please call 0800 800 048.
Making a claim
Urgent claims - if a traveller is overseas and requires assistance
Allianz Global Assistance is the world’s largest travel assistance provider and deal with many thousands of emergency assistance cases every month. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please have your travel insurance policy number, full name and overseas contact details available to help us assist you quickly.
Emergency Assistance Numbers
- From Worldwide call collect: +64 9 486 6868
- From Australia toll free: 1 800 554 114
- From UK toll free: 0500 893 893
- From USA toll free: 1 800 326 1543
- From within New Zealand: 0800 486 6868
For claims information and a claim form click here.
This insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance New Zealand Limited Company No.1537730 and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.