NZ Police Association and Police Welfare Fund boards
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the NZ Police Association and Police Welfare Fund boards of directors for a minimum two-year term.
The position is only open to Police employees who are current association members.
This is an appointed position which has arisen due to the boards’ strategy to improve diversity around the board tables.
The successful applicant will be looking to build governance and leadership experience while making a significant contribution to the association and Police Welfare Fund.
We are seeking someone with:
- Personal and professional credibility in their own police role
- A broad knowledge of the New Zealand policing environment
- An ability to work constructively and effectively in a team
- An ability to communicate well across the association’s and Police Welfare Fund’s broad membership – particularly Police employees
- Strategic thinking
- Commercial experience
- Fresh eyes and different views
- The ability to see the “big picture”
Previous governance experience is desirable but not essential.
This position requires an ability to travel to Wellington for two-day board meetings six times a year.