- Be able to hit the ground running and own this role and manage the process
- Come and work with a fun, hardworking and high performing team
- 12-month Fixed term role
A job to be proud of:
The NZ Police Association provides a range of services to police staff at all levels (both currently serving and retired) and their families. We represent the interests of both police officers and police employees (civilian staff). We have a team of over 50 people in various roles dedicated to providing exceptional service to our members.
The Insurance team provides an extensive insurance offering to its members, including Health, Life and Personal Lines. We’re currently looking for a skilled Financial Regulatory Specialist who is ready to step up and apply their knowledge and insights in this fixed term role.
What you will do:
Bringing experience working on FMCA implementation at a larger financial institution, you will be responsible for performing regulatory gap analyses, drafting policies and procedures and working with the team to implement change.
You will bring:
- Experience working within a large financial institution
- Experience in addressing financial institution regulatory requirements.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Acts and associated regulations.
- Understanding of how to design and implement workflow procedures and systems to address compliance requirements.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and computing.
- A proactive approach, willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to change.
- Commitment to the goals of the Police Association and the Police Welfare Fund Limited.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A positive and flexible team player attitude with a commitment and empathy to our members and the environment in which they work.
What is in it for you?
You will join in an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous leave provisions
- Ability to own your role