A job to be proud of:
The NZ Police Association provides a range of services to police staff (both currently serving and retired) and their families. We have a team of over 50 people in various roles dedicated to providing exceptional service to our members.
The Police Health Plan is health insurance for police and their families within the New Zealand Police Association. The Police Health Plan is a subsidiary of the Police Welfare Fund.
What you'll do:
The Health Plan Surgical Administrator is a key position within the health plan team. In this dynamic role you will:
- use your sound judgement and technical knowledge to assess surgical claims for prior approval
- implement and process all requests for surgery and correspond with our members
- liaise with medical consultants as required for specialist medical/surgical advice
- provide professional and friendly service
- assist with benefit reviews and marketing of Police Health Plan
The role is based in our modern office in central Wellington.
What you'll bring:
You will work well in a busy environment, have excellent organisational skills, sound professional judgement, and competent and efficient computer skills.
Any of the following skills would also be beneficial:
- A recognised clinical qualification (a NZ registered nurse with a current practising certificate).
- Experience dealing with the legislative requirements of the ACC legislation.
- Experience in dealing with health insurance assessment of claims.
- Ability to plan and prioritise a changing and varied workload.
What's in it for you?
You’ll join in an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- competitive remuneration package
- access to our membership benefits, including our holiday home network
- generous leave provisions
- support to learn, develop and grow your career.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 19 April 2019.
For more information or a copy of the job description, email the team at email@example.com