- Newly formed, fast-paced and energetic team
- Contribute to the implementation of our compliance & conduct risk management programmes
- A hands-on role to develop your experience and make a true impact
The New Zealand Police Association is an organisation representing members across all ranks and support roles of the New Zealand Police. We have an awesome and motivated team of over 50 staff who are passionate about their work and take pride in providing the very best service to New Zealand's police officers, Police employees, and their families.
- Our Mission: To Enhance the wellbeing of the Police members and their family
- Our Vision: To be the trusted guardian of the wellbeing of the Police family
- Our Values: Thoughtful, Connected, Caring, Professional, and Dedicated
About the opportunity
This role is part of our newly formed Risk and Compliance team. The team is responsible for ensuring compliance and achieving objectives through collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including internal teams and external partners. We have an ambitious programme of work and need someone who relishes the opportunity to get stuck in, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can produce meaningful and accurate work.
Your focus will be to lead, support and provide guidance on current business practices whilst ensuring a continuing focus on member centric solutions. This includes:
- Development and creation of risk and compliance collateral and protocols.
- Collaborating with all staff, team leads and executive managers to embed and operationalise risk and compliance processes and procedures.
- Deliver reporting to governance committees and external regulators and other industry bodies.
- Provide practical and accurate advice, guidance, and training.
With at least 3 or more years’ experience in a similar role, you will demonstrate a collaborative, member-focused style. You will have come from a similar role within the insurance or financial services sectors and as such, will have suitable industry qualifications including knowledge of the regulatory landscape. Your strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent relationship management ability will see you succeed.
To fit our team culture, you will need to display high levels of integrity, an inherent desire to do the right thing and thrive in an environment that’s consistently evolving. The scope of the role is wide and provides opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities by showcasing your knowledge, as well as progressing your career.