- Six month fixed term contract
- Are you passionate about claims?
- Provide support and services to NZ Police Officers and their families
- Come and work with a fun, hardworking and high performing team
A job to be proud of:
The NZ Police Association provides a range of services to police staff (both currently serving and retired) and their families. We have a team of over 60 people in various roles dedicated to providing exceptional service to our members.
The Police Health Plan is health insurance for police and their families within the New Zealand Police Association. It is fully owned and operated by the Association, for Police Welfare Fund members.
What you'll do:
The Health Plan Surgical Assessor is a key position within the health plan team. In this dynamic role you will:
- Use your sound judgement and technical knowledge to assess surgical claims for prior approval in accordance with the policy terms and conditions
- Approve (or decline) claims within your delegated authority and correspond with our members
- Manage claim costs with reference to usual, reasonable and customary charges and communicate this with the member
- Liaise with medical consultants as required for specialist medical/surgical advice
- Provide professional and empathetic service
- Comply at all times with company policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation and regulation
- Assist with benefit reviews and marketing of Police Health Plan
- Assist the wider Health Plan claims team as and when required
What you'll bring:
You will work well in a busy environment, have excellent organisational skills, sound professional judgement, and competent and efficient computer skills.
Any of the following skills would also be beneficial:
- Experience in dealing with health insurance assessment of claims.
- A recognised clinical qualification (a NZ registered nurse with a current practising certificate).
- Experience dealing with the legislative requirements of the ACC legislation.
- Ability to plan and prioritise a changing and varied workload
- Ability to work sensitively with people in often stressful situations
What's in it for you?
You’ll join in an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- this is a six-month fixed term contract to assist our team during a period of increased workload
- competitive remuneration package
- generous leave provisions
- support to learn, develop and grow your career.
The role is based in our in central Wellington head office.