A job to be proud of:
The NZ Police Association provides a range of services to police staff (both currently serving and retired) and their families. We have a team of over 50 people in various roles dedicated to providing exceptional service to our members.
What you’ll do:
The majority of time in this role involves providing industrial advice and representation to Police Association members, including all employment relations issues and disciplinary matters.
You will also be promoting and delivering the services of the Police Welfare Fund and the Police Credit Union to members.
This is both a challenging and rewarding role providing regular interaction with members and police management. Specialist support to the role is provided by the Association’s National Office.
This role is 0.8 FTE and there is flexibility on days and hours of work.
What you’ll bring:
- Familiarity with employment rights, agreements and principles
- Familiarity with disciplinary processes and performance management
- Familiarity with the resolution of grievances and employment relationship problems
- Proven negotiating, advocacy and facilitating skills
- Advanced inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivation/management, initiative and good organisational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Office products.
- A solid understanding and empathy with Police and the environment in which they work is desirable.
The successful applicant is required to maintain an office at their home. An office allowance and vehicle (as part of a salary sacrifice arrangement) will be provided.
Why work for us?
We know we're only as good as the people that work for us, so we truly value and support our staff. You can look forward to a competitive salary and leave entitlements, medical and life insurance and other benefits including access to holiday homes.
You would need to live within the vicinity of Dunedin. Reasonable transfer costs would be negotiable if you live d outside this area.
Applications close on Monday 22 April 2019.
For a copy of the job description or any other details of the role, email the team at email@example.com
Send your application via Seek above or to firstname.lastname@example.org