Updated on 25/01/2023.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, this web page sets out the policies and procedures for Holiday Homes bookings, cancellations, and refunds.
Holiday homes during Covid-19
- Holiday Homes cannot be used for self-isolation purposes.
- Holiday Homes are closed in any government mandated localised lockdown.
- Members should not travel to Holiday Homes if they reside in areas under a localised lockdown.
To be eligible for a refund:
- You must be residing in an area currently under a government mandated localised lockdown.
- You must have a booking in a Holiday Home located in an area currently under a government mandated localised lockdown.
- Your flight must have been cancelled by the airline due to Covid-19 restrictions (proof of cancellation must be provided).
- The event you are travelling for must have been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions (proof of cancellation must be provided).
- You have been required to self-isolate by the Ministry of Health OR have tested positive for COVID-19 during the period of your booking. This includes the necessary travel time to arrive at your specified Holiday Home. Proof must be provided, which shows a positive Rapid Antigen Test next to photo ID.
Units affected by Covid-19:
- As per clause 9 in our Terms and Conditions, members accept responsibility for cleaning units after use. We encourage members to clean the unit for their own peace of mind at the beginning of their visit. See the Ministry of Health’s guidelines on cleaning and disinfection advice: COVID-19: General cleaning and disinfection advice | Ministry of Health NZ
- We do not conduct additional deep cleaning services after each occupancy. Any cleaning requests outside our regular property service are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Members currently residing in a Holiday Home are required to notify the Member Services Centre within 24 hours of testing positive for Covid-19. Affected occupants are required to vacate the premises as soon as they are reasonably able. As per clause 9, units must be cleaned on departure.
As per clause 31 of the standard Holiday Homes Terms and Conditions, cancellations made within 24 hours of the initial booking are eligible for a full refund.
If your booking has been impacted by Covid and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can cancel your booking and request a refund by clicking the button below or emailing us at [email protected].
We continue to monitor government updates and will keep you informed.
Thank you to members for your patience during this time.
Getting in touch
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or phone 0800 500 122, between 8am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Due to the increased level of demand on our Member Services Centre team, we ask that members please avoid calling unless necessary.
Stay up to date with Covid-19 at covid19.govt.nz.