Holiday Homes Terms and Conditions
- The Holiday Homes (Homes) are available to members of the Police Welfare Fund (Fund) and other prescribed persons as set out below.
- The member or the members current spouse must be present throughout the term of the occupancy of the Home.
- The homes must not be sub-let to any other person/s.
- Members of the International Police Association (IPA), Fire Fighters Welfare Society and New Zealand Defence Force can also use the Homes, subject to conditions set out by the fund.
- The total number of persons occupying the Home shall not exceed the number of beds provided in the Home. Tents and caravans are not permitted on the property (with exception of Stanmore Bay Campsites).
- Children are always to be supervised on the property.
- The Fund accepts no responsibility for person injury/death to any person occupying/visiting the Home.
- The Fund takes no responsibility for the member’s vehicle and personal effects during the period of occupancy and they are not covered by the Funds insurance policy.
- The member will maintain and leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition. The Fund reserves the right to charge members for any cleaning costs incurred should a home be left in an untidy or unclean state.
- The member will meet the cost of any wilful and preventable damage to the property or equipment occurring during the booking period.
- The Fund, or its representative, reserves the right to visit the Home at any reasonable time to ensure it is being used as prescribed in these conditions.
- The Fund, or its representative, reserves the right to evict any person or persons who they believe are not entitled to use the Homes or who are in breach of the conditions of use of the Homes.
Duration of stay
- Members can stay a maximum of seven (7) nights in any one Home at a time. The Fund could determine from time to time that members are required to book Homes for a prescribed number of nights during statutory holidays and/or weekends and/or other periods as determined by the Fund.
Multiple Unit Bookings
- Members can only book one unit at any location, or for any simultaneous date. Members may apply to the Fund in writing should they wish to book more than one (Maximum 2) units at the same location. The Fund will consider the request taking into account:
- Proposed use of the Homes
- Number of members and/or family members to be present during the term of the proposed occupancy
- Other member demand for that location at the proposed day(s) and date(s)
- Where approved the member will be responsible for the units booked under their name.
- The Fund may determine periods of time that the Homes will only be available to members by a process of ballot.
- The process, timing and documentation associated with the ballots shall be determined by the Fund.
- Homes will not be available until 1:00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure. Members are responsible for the pickup and return of the Homes keys to the key holder of the Homes or the Home lockbox.
- No animals are allowed on the grounds or in the Homes under any circumstances. The Fund reserves the right to immediately evict any person or persons that breach this condition.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted in the Homes or on the Properties.
- Full members (including Overseas IPA members) of the Fund can book Homes up to one year (365 days) in advance.
- Associate members (including NZ based IPA, Firefighters Welfare Society members and Defence personnel) of the Fund can book Homes up to three months (90 days) in advance.
- The overnight rental of the Homes is set at a rate set by the Fund.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking to confirm the booking.
- Each Home tenancy (booking) is an individual transaction.
- Payments cannot be transferred to other bookings.
- The Fund will accept payment by Credit/Debit Card or Fund Vouchers.
- All cancellations are to be done via the Holiday Homes website or via the Member Services Centre.
- If owing to illness or other unforeseen circumstances making it necessary to cancel a booking, please notify the Member Services Centre as soon as possible.
- When the cancellation relates to cases such as death, serious injury/illness (supported by a medical certificate), or major loss of transportation e.g. rail, ferry cancellation, the Manager, Welfare Services may authorise to refund the full rental on behalf of the Fund.
- Cancellations due to alterations to work schedules will not be accepted as grounds for a refund unless extraordinary circumstances exist. Members should in the first instance, seek redress from their employer.
- If a booking is cancelled without good cause and the Holiday Home cannot be re-allocated for the period concerned, the following shall apply;
- Three months or more prior to the arrival date –A refund of any money paid will be made.
- Less than three months from arrival date –The member is liable for the full amount due and no refund will be paid unless special circumstances as outlined in 26 apply.
- The Fund, in determining whether a refund should be given, will consider 29, 30, 31, 32A and 32B, and other factors including whether the Home has been rebooked. The Funds decision on whether to pay a refund shall be final.