Coronavirus Travel Advisory
For the latest information on your travel insurance policy, please visit our travel insurance provider's website.
For up to date information on the latest travel advisories from the New Zealand Government, please visit safetravel.govt.nz
For general queries, contact Allianz Partners on 0800 800 048 or +64 9 486 0048.
In an emergency, contact Emergency Assistance on + 64 9 486 6868.
View our web page Travelling under Covid-19 for more information.
If something goes wrong when you are travelling, Police Travel Insurance cover is just a phone call away. If you have Health Plan cover with us, you’ll also receive an additional discount on your travel insurance premium.
We offer PWF members essentials, comprehensive and frequent flyer policies*.
All policies* offer our members:
Allianz Partners, a worldwide network of emergency medical resources available 24/7
medical and repatriation expenses
replacement cover on baggage items less than 2 years old
missed connections/travel delays
loss of deposits/cancellation
free cover for dependent children less than 21 years
rental vehicle excess cover
recreational sports covered free of charge: leisure skiing and snowboarding, scuba diving (with -PADI or NAUI qualification), hot air ballooning, parasailing and paragliding, bungee jumping and white water rafting in rivers of grade four or less
Pre-existing Medical Conditions
Pre-existing medical conditions can be fully assessed online. Please follow the online prompts when you are purchasing the policy. For any queries, please call 0800 800 048.
How to make a claim
To make a claim please click here to be taken to our Online Claims Portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
1. Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss.
2. Produce your policy details.
3. Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim. What documentation is required to make a claim? You must give us any information we reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as, but not limited to, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership.
If required, we may ask you to provide us with translations into English of such documents to enable us to carry out our assessment of your claim.
• For loss or theft of your baggage or personal effects, you should notify the local police or local government authority with 24 hours and you must obtain a copy of the incident report.
• For damage or misplacement of your baggage or personal effects caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they make.
• For medical or dental claims please contact Allianz Partners as soon as practicable and ensure that you retain all reports, receipts, doctor’s certificates and other information.
Important claims information
We will pay all claims in New Zealand dollars. We will pay you unless you tell us to pay someone else. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense.
Depreciation will be applied to claims for Luggage and Personal Effects at such rates as reasonably determined by Allianz Partners. If you can make a claim against someone in relation to a loss or expense covered under this policy and you do not get paid the full amount of your claim, we will make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
*This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia), ("Hollard"). You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy. The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Limited – Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) issued by A.M.Best Company Inc.
The rating scale is:
A++, A+ (Superior) C++, C+ (Marginal) E (Under Regulatory Supervision)
A, A- (Excellent) C, C- (Weak) F (In Liquidation)
B++, B+ (Good) D (Poor) S (Suspended)
B, B- (Fair)
Further information on these ratings is available here.
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.